Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Navigation system on a TA?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2004, 01:01 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Navigation system on a TA?

Hey i was just giving a navigation system and was thinking of installing it on my ws-6. Does anyone in here have one on their car? Just want to see how it would look or if it would actually fit.
Old 02-11-2004, 09:25 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by viverosjr
Hey i was just giving a navigation system and was thinking of installing it on my ws-6. Does anyone in here have one on their car? Just want to see how it would look or if it would actually fit.
If it has a screen like a dvd screen, it would mount where you a/c is. I've seen them with people re-locating there ac controls to their glove boxes. I will try to find pics and post them here.
Old 02-11-2004, 09:30 AM
TECH Veteran

You could just go with a flip out indash monitor and a dvd nav system. The monitor would replace your factory in dash stereo. And the nav "brain" would be mounted somewhere in the trunk usually near the spare tire.
Old 02-11-2004, 10:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You could just go with a flip out indash monitor and a dvd nav system. The monitor would replace your factory in dash stereo. And the nav "brain" would be mounted somewhere in the trunk usually near the spare tire
That's what I did, alpine setup brain in the back, antenna in the spoiler. No problems
Old 02-11-2004, 10:53 PM
Staging Lane

Do you have any pics...What brands did you go with and about how much money does it cost to do?
Old 02-11-2004, 11:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ric....com/richieg26

The nav brain is mounted behind the plastic panel on the very back on the driverside.
The pic labeled "head2" is out of my first ta, in that car I cut out a little foam and put it under the driverside backseat. both have worked just fine. The picture is really just a flip out monitor, sorry I don't have a pic with the head unit closed. You can get all of the pics you need here http://www.alpine-usa.com/ Click on products & MMStations to see what Alpine has to offer. They list all of the retail prices, but it will probably be cheaper at actual stores.
I have the dva-900 in my car, The older pic was a cva-1005, Remeber that alpine is usually the most expensive stuff, other companies make less-expensive, but still good quality. I went with alpine because the alpine navigation is the best in my opinion.