How hard is it to replace the dash?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 09:04 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How hard is it to replace the dash?

I have some pretty bad cracking on my dash. I don't mean the dashpad on top, I mean the ACTUAL dash where the ac vents are and the passenger airbag is and such. I'm getting sick of looking at it and wanted to just replace it with a good one. But I have NO idea on how to replace it or if it's hard to do.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:09 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

x2

I want to know too ...I have the same problem...
Old 01-28-2011, 10:28 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's been several years since I did one (I did several when I worked at the dealer). It can be done, but it takes time, patience, and the right tools. It will be much better if you have a friend helping you. Timewise is very hard hard to say. I want to say a full day or so with 2 of us doing it. It can probably be done faster, but we were trying to be very careful and not scratch anything.

I would also say to be very attentive to how everything was routed. This can really give you hell putting it back together. It's easy to get something in the wrong place and pinch a wire or not have it fit right. A digital camera used to take tons of pictures during disassembly will probably help with this as well.