Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transmission trouble please help

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 07:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission trouble please help

i have a 2001 TA, on topic with my trans problem, i have a 3200 stall and a trans cooler. commuted up the parkway the other day about 50 miles, once i got into a stop and go low speed area my trans didnt shift properly. when i stopped at a light and then went to move again it felt like the car stayed in 2nd or 3rd from the dead stop. i wasnt able to park it right away so i tried to put it in 1st to start from a light and the car noticeably went into a lower gear but still whined like it was too high. anyone have any ideas to what this could be? also after letting the car sit for awhile it went away. this happened before in the past but didnt last long.
Old 01-30-2011, 03:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get a scan tool on your car to check for codes. If I had to guess you will have a P0751 or a P0757 code set because of your stall speed. If this is the case you can have these code tests deleted in your computer using tuning software. HTH Vince
Old 01-30-2011, 04:01 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You could also try just getting them cleared at like autozone and see if it happens again. I have seen situations where these codes will come on once and then never happen again. As Vince said its because of the higher stall but it seems very random on most cars and some it never happens on at all.