General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

ac leak

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 09:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ac leak

the ac in my car has been leaking ever since i bought the car 8 months ago.i can fill it with freon and the ac will only blow cold for about 3 days and by the 4th or 5th day all the freon would have leaked out.its been cold where i live for about 3 months now so i havent been worried about fixing the ac but now i wanna fix it before it gets hot again.

this is the spot where its leaking.my dad told me the valve is suppose to come out but we tried already and we had no success.it seems like someone could have damaged the inside bad enough before we tried messing with it.

and this is the hose itself.i think ima just buy a new one.anyone know where i can buy a replacement,i checked a few auto parts stores already and they do have some hoses,but none looked like this one.or if there is any other way to fix my ac please let me now any help would be greatly appreciated,thanks

Old 01-29-2011, 09:50 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe you want this line.

That's a gm part number. Can probably find em on Ebay or GM themselves.

Make sure you use ALL new o-rings and make sure you don't miss an o-ring or you'll just continue leaking.
Old 01-29-2011, 11:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Elthesh
I believe you want this line.

That's a gm part number. Can probably find em on Ebay or GM themselves.

Make sure you use ALL new o-rings and make sure you don't miss an o-ring or you'll just continue leaking.
thanks alot man,i did a gm part number search and it said the new number is 19169412.i also found it on ebay for 67 bucks with free shipping.thanks for ur help
Old 01-30-2011, 12:11 AM
11 Second Club

Received 69 Likes on 50 Posts

part number for o-rings?