Sponsored by: DashLynx

Need Advice!!! PLEASE COME IN!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 11:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Advice!!! PLEASE COME IN!!

Emblem Question:
Ok, So I ordered some 98-02 Formula Door Emblems for my LT1 Bird... Right now they're lime green, I plan to sand them (Gently, there fragile. LOL), Spray them Black, Clear Coat, and order chrome overlays.... How should I put them on? I was thinking 3M tape, but wont that stick out to much from the car?

Filler Panel Question:
There was a tacky looking "Not A T/A" on my tinted filler panel, when I removed it, it left the words stained... Do you think if I remove it, spray tint it , put a flat back Firebird w/ "Formula" above and then spray clear coat it, will it look ok?? You wont be able to see the "Not A T/A" stain, Right??
Old 01-29-2011, 11:18 PM
11 Second Club

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

3m tape thats what the factory used.
Old 01-29-2011, 11:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JOHNNY59
3m tape thats what the factory used.
Is it? LOL!
Old 01-30-2011, 01:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

yeah use 3m tape.......but no badges looks much cleaner! But yeah... I'm speaking from experience. I took my stock T/A emblems off, painted them red and 3m glued them into spot after painters taping where I need the emblems to be.anddd I guess the glue had an alcohol base which melted the paint to my car....anyways....i had to claybar and wetsand those areas. ... just a warning for those people who wanna pull a papichulo move like I did.
Old 01-30-2011, 10:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Trans Am Jam
yeah use 3m tape.......but no badges looks much cleaner! But yeah... I'm speaking from experience. I took my stock T/A emblems off, painted them red and 3m glued them into spot after painters taping where I need the emblems to be.anddd I guess the glue had an alcohol base which melted the paint to my car....anyways....i had to claybar and wetsand those areas. ... just a warning for those people who wanna pull a papichulo move like I did.
So you used 3M glue, not the tape?
Old 01-30-2011, 01:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why not just go to your local parts store and get a tube of the emblem glue in a tube? it'll keep you from cutting tape and would let the badge sit completely flat. Just use a thin bead in the middle so it doesn't squish out the sides. And it sounds like a cool idea you have for those badges, should look great!
Old 01-30-2011, 01:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah the only thing with the glue is there is a hole in the "A", so the glue would show through and If I went around it, it would sqoosh out the sides lol

Quick Reply: Need Advice!!! PLEASE COME IN!!