Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much can I use?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 04:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much can I use?

I'm about to start my project, hoping it comes out half as well as some of the others I've seen here. I'm still wading through the info that's out there, but I have some questions for those who have gone before.

The car is a 68 Camaro, that currently has a small block and a 4 speed. I have purchased a 98 z28 with an LS1 and a 6 speed to use as a donor. My question is this:

While I plan on using the engine, trans, clutch, pcm, wiring harness and the radiator and fans, what else can I realistically use? I know that with enough money I could use the entire car, but on a budget build does it make sense to use the rearend? Anything else I'm not thinking of? How much of the rest of the 98's wiring can/should I be saving?

Since this a strict budget build, I'll be selling parts off of both the cars to cover some of the costs involved with getting the harness worked, headers, etc.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated, and if there's anyone near the southwest side of Chicago that wants to get together for a few cold ones to hash some of this out - I sure am up for that!

Thanks.

Scatter'd
Old 02-01-2011, 06:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Don't waste your time on the rear gear, behind an auto they are pretty weak. With a manual and an aggressive driver they are as fragile as a dozen eggs.

Depending on your style you could use the seats. At least the fronts, I find them quite comfy.

Do the harness yourself if you are comfortable with electronics. The engine harness and the OBD II connector is really the only thing of value for a swap unless you are taking everything.

Quick Reply: How much can I use?