Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

5 lug discussion...

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 05:45 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 5 lug discussion...

So i was just looking around and came across deedub's conversion thread. I read through the whole thing thinking there had to be a easier way to do the swap.
So heres what i come up with let me know your thoughts.

For the hubs, i looked at the base cts hubs and they look the same design wise as the v hubs but are 5 lug. The thing i dont know, are the axle's the same spline? Other than that, heres my thoughts for the hub. The base hub i believe is a 5x115 bolt pattern or something like that which is still kinda crap for wheel selection.

1. Hub: mark the studs with something indicating the flush point of the front of the hub. Press them out and then cut them to the mark. Press them back in. My reasoning for this is an attempt at retaining regidity with the hub because of drilling a new pattern. You can use anything really to press in the old patten holes i just figured studs would be the easiest way to have a direct and full hole filler without searching for something else to fit.

2. Redrill the hub to your pattern. Press new studs in.

3. In the past changeing brakes on several of my cars ive noticed the only thing holding the rotor in place is the caliper and the pressure from the wheel against it. So drilling new holes in the rotor to line up with your new pattern should not degrade the strength of it. ( i could be wrong im not a engineer or anything)

4. lastly, find the wheel you wont with the offset you need and your good to go, of course you might wanna do this before you start so that you have something to throw on your car when your done.

I personally am not trying this right now. I dont have the time. But i thought i would put it out for someone who might be thinking about the swap since ive not seen too many posts about it. I understand that a lot of people would just prefer to not screw with it. I just wanted to see what everyones thought about this idea.
Old 02-07-2011, 04:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

they hubs are interchangable, i tried to explain this was a great mod like a year ago but everybody wants corvette labels on stuff.

all you need are wheels with 5x 114 (if i recall), and thats close enough a 5x4.5" which is like the second most popular bolt pattern EVER. so you should have a wide wheel selection.

i wouldnt expect finding rotors would be that difficult but redrilling the 6 bolt ones is a likely and probably simple solution.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:40 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats what i was looking for..thanks for the input
Old 02-08-2011, 12:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How's that look for the rear?