Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

A few extra custom parts for sale.. plates

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2004, 11:11 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default A few extra custom parts for sale.. plates

Well I had a some custom billit intake and head plates made for my 69 project.. well its was the same cost to make 10 as 2 so I have extras.

There are 7 head plates up for grabs and 6 intake plates. The head plates have had all the edges rounded and are lightly polished. The intake plates are machined with the proper chamfers so they fit snug in the intake area on the LS6 intakes. These will be sold bare so if you want to paint, plate or powder paint them then you can have it done locally. Oh the head plates have only two holes as opposed to MBA's that have 4.. give a cleaner look.

This is not a business.. im not making more.. I just need to clear out the extras..

Pricing:
Polished head plates: $27 each shipped
Intake plates: $12 each shipped..

If you buy a set then deduct $2 off the total..

Pic:

Please dont gripe about the price.. If you think its expensive then dont buy.. then go out to a machine shop and ask them how much to CAD design and mill out these parts.. trust me that im loosing $ on this deal..
Old 02-12-2004, 12:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck Steve, good deal on those parts too bad i already have that stuff or i'd take a set of your hands
Old 02-12-2004, 12:22 PM
TECH Resident

Steve, I am very interested in 1 or each of these...Rob was telling me about them when I was over at his place listening to his GMMG. If I get them painted or powdercoated, can I then engrave them? I am not sure how that works or is stuff you get engraved more like something that have been anodized?

Also, where do I get the bolts for the head plates?

Let me know how I could go about engraving them, and if it is feasible, I'll take 1 of each! If it would discount the price at all, I wouldn't mind driving over and picking them up from you and possibly checking out the '69 or any pieces that you actually have in your possession! Let me know!
Old 02-12-2004, 12:52 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Steve, let me know how the engraving works as well. I'm not to knowledgable on the process, nor what/who it takes to do it. I would be interested in the intake plaque if you could help me figure this out? I'm looking to throw a firebird design on there, polished/satin engraving with black surrounding it?

Rob
Old 02-12-2004, 12:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

I am interested in one of each too. Do you by chance have a picture of the intake plate on your engine? Just curious what it looks like. How do you want the $$? Thanks!
Old 02-12-2004, 01:04 PM
TECH Resident

I just sent an e-mail to a company local to me that does anodizing. I asked for a quote and I'll let you all know what the cost would be.
Old 02-12-2004, 01:44 PM
TECH Veteran

You can see the finished intake and head plates here:

Skytower.. since you are local you can use the same engraver we use.. Maybe Rob will pipe in about the rough cost on that..

Im sure all somewhat populated areas have the same services.. powder painters, engravers and such..

You could paint the plate with hightemp paint and then get metallic decals made (similar to the caliper decals) -- that would be easiest/cheapest way to do it.

Im easy.. just send me a check and I will send ya the parts.. email me at stevenrupp@sbcglobal.com if you want any and I will email you my address and put them asside for you.. seem easy enough?
Old 02-12-2004, 07:15 PM
TECH Regular

Ill take both Steve, I emailed you.
Thanks
Andy
Old 02-12-2004, 08:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Thanks Doc.. i will mark ya down
Old 02-12-2004, 08:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

You know what I need Big Daddy. Set me up.
Old 02-12-2004, 09:20 PM
10 Second Club

Steve... I will take a intake plate PM me with how you want me to pay you Oh yeah... where did you get the clamps for you intake?
Old 02-12-2004, 11:02 PM
TECH Resident

Steve, just wanted to make sure you got my e-mail (from jon@jonbroomfield.com). Please write me back when you get a chance. Thanks!
Old 02-12-2004, 11:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Smile

Skytower and others I can tell you this from what I had done with the original group I did last year.

Powder coating:
I had both plates polished and then powder coated. From there you have a couple of options. 1. Engrave them like you see in Steve picture above. This is what most people think of when they see engraving. Lines cut into the metal. 2. I had most of them Laser engraved(see pic below). This allowed the polished aluminum to shine through. It's really up to you.

Polished plates:
Some of them were polished and then engraved using example 1 above. Then the engraving was filled in with paint the color of what the person wanted.

I've never posted this picture before but this is what the plates looked like that I did a little over a year ago. It gives you an idea of what you can do and colors that can be done. Some of these are laser engraved some are regular engraving.

With anodizing I think you can only use regular engraving (lines). One of the reasons I did the powder coating was I thought it gave a better shine to the finish. But I guess that is up to each individual and the look you want for your motor.

I can tell you this. Powder coating does stand up over time. I still have the original head plate that I hand cut (before I had the CADD work done) and it has been on my engine for almost 2 years and at least 45k miles. I think it still looks as good as the day I put it on. Some day I need to install my laser engraved one so it matches my intake plate.

EDIT - I am not making these plates anymore. Too much running around to the different shops that do the work.

Last edited by Poltergeist; 02-16-2004 at 06:39 PM. Reason: to stop people from asking me to make them.
Old 02-12-2004, 11:33 PM
TECH Resident

So Rob, these plates that Steve has, they can be laser engraved? I have heard that some metal buckle from the heat of laser engraving? Maybe you can recommend the powdercoater and laser engraver you used. Shoot me any e-mail with the contact info and pricing if you could. Thanks!!
Old 02-13-2004, 12:15 AM
TECH Regular

Steve
My email bounced off your addy, shoot me a line at beatrice212121@aol.com if you didnt recieve my email.
Thanks
Andy
Old 02-13-2004, 06:37 AM
Teching In

Steve, sent pm
Old 02-13-2004, 07:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

I e-mailed yesterday as well... but got a delay notice this morning. Hopefully it goes through today and is not to late.
Old 02-13-2004, 09:46 AM
TECH Resident

Steve, my e-mails just bounced back as well. I am still in for 1 of each. I'll PM you also.
Old 02-13-2004, 10:11 AM
TECH Veteran

Hmmm.. what the hell is wrong with my email??? i did get some from Rob.. make sure they are going to stevenrupp@sbcglobal.net -- Maybe my system thinks you are spam

This metal WILL NOT buckle.. its very thick..

the powder with the laser engraving is the nicest but I think that they would look good even if you just painted them and used the metal stickers (like on calipers)..

I will shoot you all emails today then just hit reply
Old 02-13-2004, 10:31 AM
TECH Resident

Oh... .net. Your post above has .com!

Quick Reply: A few extra custom parts for sale.. plates