LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

HELP! Battery Relocation Issue....

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 03:06 PM
SRZ
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Exclamation HELP! Battery Relocation Issue....

Trying to figure out what I did wrong. I've got a the Taylor relocation kit (Summit) and Innovative Battery Cables. Followed the instructions but I'm still dumb founded on what I've done wrong.

Used the innovative cables by having 1 gauge cable to the starter in junction to the alternator, and then to the NEW junction block using this kit here https://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-cla...use-block.html
I then bought 0 gauge for the battery in the trunk and ran it to the starter. The negative post is connected to the frame.

Here's the problem, as soon as I connect the + cable to the battery the car goes hot w/ out any key in the ignition! XFI turns on, fuel pump primes, security light goes off, check gauge goes off and the brake lights are on. I looked everything over to see if anything was pinched etc but I'm getting ready to go back to stock and see what it does.

Any ideas?! Thanks!

Last edited by SRZ; 02-04-2011 at 03:14 PM.
Old 02-04-2011, 03:23 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Battery kill switch problem solved lol jk, never heard of that problem before
Old 02-04-2011, 03:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmm that is interesting.. put the battery back in the stock location and see what it does. You might have a problem elsewhere
Old 02-04-2011, 04:23 PM
SRZ
TECH Fanatic

Never ask a chef to wire your car! LOL Somewhat figured it out but it has something to do w/ my newly wired up Linelock. Don't ask as I'm still trying to figure that one one but I disconnected the wiring for it and now all is normal in the world again. Got to go over my wiring for the LL. Always something but thanks guys. I'll definitly post the outcome w/ the LL.
Old 02-04-2011, 04:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SRZ
Never ask a chef to wire your car! LOL Somewhat figured it out but it has something to do w/ my newly wired up Linelock. Don't ask as I'm still trying to figure that one one but I disconnected the wiring for it and now all is normal in the world again. Got to go over my wiring for the LL. Always something but thanks guys. I'll definitly post the outcome w/ the LL.
probably sending constant power to a (switched) power line
Old 02-04-2011, 04:54 PM
SRZ
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SoxXpupPeT
probably sending constant power to a (switched) power line
Yep. DOH!

Quick Reply: HELP! Battery Relocation Issue....