Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Used injectors

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 04:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Used injectors

I might be buying a complete procharger set up used and it includes injectors. Is there a business that will verify flow and make sure they are OK? I have heard of some people flow matching the injectors, I am not sure what that involves but is there a service that could complete that work if it is beneficial to have done?
Old 02-04-2011, 05:59 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought a used set of injectors real cheap a while back and when I installed them the car ran like crap. I removed them and sent them to NEW ERA PERFORMANCE. For less than $100 they made them brand new............

http://www.neweraperformanceparts.co...74&NID=6801681
Old 02-04-2011, 10:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dmoney
I bought a used set of injectors real cheap a while back and when I installed them the car ran like crap. I removed them and sent them to NEW ERA PERFORMANCE. For less than $100 they made them brand new............

http://www.neweraperformanceparts.co...74&NID=6801681
Thanks for your help!
Old 02-05-2011, 02:54 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 02SOMLS1WS6
I might be buying a complete procharger set up used and it includes injectors. Is there a business that will verify flow and make sure they are OK? I have heard of some people flow matching the injectors, I am not sure what that involves but is there a service that could complete that work if it is beneficial to have done?
we offer a forum special $89 for a complete rebuild.you should always check used injectors.when they sit around they tend to stick.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yes if I do buy the used kit that comes with the injectors I will definitly contact the couple shops you guys suggest to get the injectors checked out.

Is flow matching part of the service when they get checked out and is it or isn't it a big deal to have them flow matched. I am guessing it would be ideal if all 8 injectors flow within a tolerance of each other.