Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

LT1 Trans Am Foglight Swap.

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 02:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question LT1 Trans Am Foglight Swap.

Alright, so I used to read about how hard it was to swap out the foglights on an LT1 Trans AM. I basically figured I would have to remove the front bumper or something to swap them out. But yesterday I found out swapping out the lights is about the simplest thing in the world. You remove the 3 or 4 pull out plugs on the bottom of the front of the bumper and you have complete easy access to the fogllights. You are then free to unscrew them, unplug them and yank them out. You can see what you are doing, and there's plenty of space to work with. So, why did everyone make it out to be so complicated?

Also, I bought some Baja style driving lights which fit in perfectly into the foglight holes. I shall be passing new wires and connect them to a new switch so the connect is perfect. I tried them out last night and they are very bright. I mean bright enough to be headlights. I don't think I'll even need to turn on the headllights any more. But they don't bolt on to the factory mounts so I shall mount them up differently. Pics of the install later.
Old 02-05-2011, 03:12 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

It's easy, I like the stock fog lamps but LT1 TA fog lamps are expensive. I ended up swaping some 98+ fog lights on to my LT1 brackets
Old 02-05-2011, 04:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, it's very simple. And I don't really like the whole factory setup for the foglights. I rather have something simpler. It looks like a PITA to adjust them. Plus I already bought the Baja's which like I said are very bright. So, I'll probably go ahead and bolt those on. The fit very snugly into the factory holes so that helps secure them in place too.

Quick Reply: LT1 Trans Am Foglight Swap.