Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

trans wont leave first.

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 02:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default trans wont leave first.

ok finally got my truck far enough along to take it to get tuned/dyno'd. or so i thought. so i trailered it to G-Force in pearland.

so i got a standalone harness from CPW( http://www.currentperformance.com/ ).

had it all hooked up, with no MAF and drove it around the block, it would shift from first to second, then act like it slipped in 3rd.. i was told the tune could cause this.

so i take it to get tuned today. they play around with the tune and get it running good finally then decide to put it on the dyno and do some more tuning. i see him looking kind of puzzled. he asks me if theres anything wrong with the trans. its not shifting out of 1st. even doing it manually. I say no, it worked when it came from the truck.. told him its got a new speed sensor. they were saying i need a orange/black or orange/white wire hooked up to my nuetral safety switch. he said that usually causes this problem, but to also make sure the sensor was sitting in there right??

so i get the truck back home, and remember seeing a orange/white wire in the harness, but cut off inside the looming like it was put in by mistake. so i call CPW and tell him what they told me and he said only the car computers use that wire and it must of been put in by mistake. he said the sensor just drops in, nothing else to it. so he said either one of the wires on the trans plug is pinned wrong, or the line pressure is set wrong.

whats everyones thoughts?
Old 02-11-2011, 12:08 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

anyone?
Old 02-12-2011, 02:07 PM
Banned

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

My thoughts are....what transmission, what year, what controller?
Old 02-13-2011, 01:28 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First things first, make sure there is enough trans fluid in the trans. I had a problem w/ my car not shifting out of 1st in my 4l80e. It turned out that I didn't have the main connector harness "clicked-in". It basically made the trans perform in limp mode where it wouldn't shift out of 1st.
BTW, what kind of trans are we talking about here??
Old 02-18-2011, 07:00 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do not know if this is it but when I put a chevy drive train in my Jeep it would not shift out of 1st due to the computer was not seeing the 40 Pulse per second. So I had to install a VSS in my transfer case and then it worked great. Just sharing a thought hope it helps.