Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Supercharger Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 10:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supercharger Question

I am a newbie to ls1tech. I have a 2002 Camaro SS SLP Convertable. It has a LS1. I am interested in installing the magnuson supercharger kit with rear pulley setup for front mass air connection. It dosnt seem to show for my car. It shows for the GTO and the 02 Corvette Z06 which is an LS1. Is it the same model / motor? Will it fit?
I am also looking for some input on the right combination Heads, Roller Cam, Roller Lifters and Roller Rockers parts with the supercharger with the most boost for the maximum hp HP with regular 93 Octane gas. Keeping the stock pistons and bottom end!

Lets hear it Thanks!
Old 02-11-2011, 11:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It has to do with the engine hiding under the cowl. I don't think there's enough clearance to fit one without modifying your cowl/windshield. If you want a supercharger, I think your best bet is a centrifugal like the Procharger.
Old 02-12-2011, 04:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Correct. You cannot fit any kind of blower under there other than a centrifugal without doing major surgery to the cowl area. You would probably lose the windshield wipers at that point. Not worth it.