Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why is second gear being lazy?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 12:41 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Why is second gear being lazy?

Hey guys. Im looking at buying a 95 z28 tomorrow and i have a question about the trans. Its a automatic to start off. Well i drove it and it gets kinda lazy shifting into second gear. Like i got it up to 3K rpm and had to let off the gas and then it kicked into second gear. Also when i got on it from a 10mph roll, it downshifted ok into first but it bounced off the limiter until i left off the gas. Other than that it is shifting perfectly fine. Reverse and all other gears are really tight. Im lost. I would love to pick up this car tomorrow. Other than the little problem with the trans, the car is in perfect shape. I just hope its not something really extensive in the trans. Thanks for the help.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you look to see what the fluid for the trans looked like? It almost sounds like an issue with the second gear bad judging by what you have said here. If you have doubts on the trans and are not prepared to deal with them after buying this car, I would take a pass on this one. Vince
Old 02-15-2011, 03:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 1-2 shift is really shitty as well. You can barely notice it driving around town but it's most apparant at the dragstrip... it hits the limiter a few times, then it takes a few seconds to fully shift into second. Everything else works fine.