Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Did some cosmetic upgrades on the Maro***Pics***

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 06:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Did some cosmetic upgrades on the Maro***Pics***

Had a little free money and decided to do a couple little easy cosmetic upgrades over the winter. I picked up some taillight panel inserts from Emblempros.com in addition to the black billit grill that I bought a couple weeks ago. Also purchased some clear corners off ebay to go with some rear clear markers Jason (am_muscl) gave me awhile back. I think these all go together to give the car a nice look.

Please forgive the dirty Camaro and ignore the junk winter wheels and tires I have on the car. lol

Now just waiting for my 6LE splitter to come in and a chance to detail the Camaro.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good. Just a suggestion...have you thought about painting behind your grille flat black? I think the gloss look behind it kind of takes away from the grille itself.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:06 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good except for the salad shooters (black looks good on them I just hate salad shooters) I hope they are just your winter wheels.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by joesscamaro252
Looks good. Just a suggestion...have you thought about painting behind your grille flat black? I think the gloss look behind it kind of takes away from the grille itself.
Yeah, it doesnt look bad in person, but I noticed that too on the pictures. Im not sure to be honest with you if it would look better or not. If anything when I get the Camaro repainted, I will have the letters behind the grill filled in.

Originally Posted by buellxb12s
Looks good except for the salad shooters (black looks good on them I just hate salad shooters) I hope they are just your winter wheels.
Thanks, the salad shooters are just my winter wheels (or for whenever paint gets done) I have silver SS 10 spokes for summer.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks good, id never drive my car in the winter though.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:34 PM
TECH Addict

wow looks awesome even with those wheels
Old 02-15-2011, 06:58 PM
cpo
TECH Apprentice

Rock on.....

Last edited by cpo; 02-15-2011 at 07:10 PM. Reason: I offer the emptiness that you seek.
Old 02-15-2011, 07:08 PM
cpo
TECH Apprentice

Not sure clear markers are a good match with black cars. Personally, I think smoked would look much better. Also, some double-wall exhaust tips and/or moving the ones you have now closer to the bumper would look much better. Rock on.....

Old 02-16-2011, 09:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by cpo
Not sure clear markers are a good match with black cars. Personally, I think smoked would look much better. Also, some double-wall exhaust tips and/or moving the ones you have now closer to the bumper would look much better. Rock on.....

I had blacked out lights before when I had the LT1 clip on the Camaro but it just looked murdered out, kinda what Im trying to stay away from.

As far as the tips, currently they are Hooker tips that came with the exhaust. My two favorites right now are the Corsa clones and the Borla square intercooled tips. Not sure yet which one but it will be one of those two and possibly the rear valance from 6LE

Quick Reply: Did some cosmetic upgrades on the Maro***Pics***