Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Removing TA ac vents

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 12:04 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing TA ac vents

I am trying to remove the ac vent in my trans am and i can not get it for the life of me. i have searched and read other posts about two small screwdrivers on the inside clips. But I cant see these clips. Didnt know if someone could walk it through for me or had any pictures to help.

THanks!
Old 02-17-2011, 04:04 PM
On The Tree

you want to remove the whole bezel and becomes much easier to remove the "vent". Are you doing gauges?

I'll try to explain this the best i can... I have a new dash at home, so if this doesn't make sense i'll try and remember to snap some pictures...

(In this pic my bezels are painted silver)

Okay looking at that vent - there is the ring/bezel thats about 2 inches deep and pretty thin plastic. about an inch from the front of the bezel is are little spikes that don't allow the bezel to come forward, so you need to gently slide a tiny flat head screw driver between the dash and the plastic. No work slowly around the perimeter pulling and (prying just a little so the spikes aren't contacting) go slow and work just a mm at a time. once you get one out, squeeze your hand into the open vent (if your hand is to big ask your wife/gf to reach in there) and press on the back of the other bezels to get them out.

The vents push out the front of the bezel once its off.

Hope that helps, I'll try to get some pics up for ya.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:50 PM
Launching!

thats exactly what i am talking about. i will try this tonight. thanks!
Old 02-17-2011, 07:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

This is a PITA to say the least. When I did it I was never able to see anything, you just gotta feel it. Using 1 screwdriver didn't work for me though, spent at least a half hour trying with 1, when i got one side and tried to go for the other it would pop back in. Tried using 2 and it was out in under 5 mins. Just be patient.

Edit: If you have some feeler gauges or know someone who does I'd bet they would be alot easier than flatheads, just a thought

Quick Reply: Removing TA ac vents