View Full Version : Am I being too harsh?

Devils Mentor
02-18-2011, 11:27 PM
I have my LQ4 shorty posted in our section as well as the open classifieds and I'm telling you guys.... what a FUCKING nightmare!!! http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i113/devils_mentor/Smileys/smiley-suicide.gif http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i113/devils_mentor/Smileys/smiley-emocut.gif http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i113/devils_mentor/Smileys/dazed012.gif

It's like they think it will cost $50 or something to ship the God Damn thing! So I just posted this...

Let me know if I was too harsh ;)

I've got a question for you guys...

How much are you expecting to pay for shipping!? You guys do realize that an iron block needs to be placed on a 40x48 pallet and weighs MORE THAN 20lbs... RIGHT!?

I hunt and hunt to find the best price and in the end I get told that it's too much... Well those that may be interested in the block, I'm making it quite clear NOW.... It WILL cost more than $50 to ship this thing!

PLEASE use some common since before you PM me about shipping.... It's going to cost you $250+! So PLEASE don't waste my time if you can't grasp the concept of shipping a 400lb engine!

I don't mean to be a dick, but I have gotten quotes now for 8...EIGHT...VIII...OCHO... AKHT...HACHI....8 people and all I can assume is they were expecting $50 to ship or something... who knows. And for each of those 8 people I called at least 4 different shippers to find the best price; that's 24 calls with an average call time of 10 min.... that's 4 HOURS!!! So again I ask.... please think about the situations and expect an answer accordingly.

END RANT/

DM

DM

Trevor.j
02-19-2011, 08:30 AM
Think you could have been worse ;) but thats sucks that some people are clueless on that kind of stuff

4u 2 nv
02-19-2011, 09:02 AM
Is it to heavy to greyhound freight it? Just wondering. I will say 250+ seems like a lot for freight shipping. I sold a LT1 car to someone and they paid 550 to ship the entire car back to Chicago. I know it's apples to oranges but just saying...

nitrouspowrdss
02-19-2011, 11:39 AM
Average cost to ship an engine is between 250 and 600. Depends on who you talk to. The last iron headed big block I shipped cost 300 and thats only because i got a deal from the shipping company for doing so much business with them.

1badzee
02-19-2011, 02:59 PM
that's awesome lmao

396D1SS
02-19-2011, 03:17 PM
how much are you asking 4 it?

Devils Mentor
02-19-2011, 03:28 PM
Think you could have been worse ;) but thats sucks that some people are clueless on that kind of stuff

Yeah, I don't get it, lol... I quoted some guy in Cali like $330 + materials and he said it was too much... I was like WHAT!!!??? Some people are so clueless!

DM

Is it to heavy to greyhound freight it? Just wondering. I will say 250+ seems like a lot for freight shipping. I sold a LT1 car to someone and they paid 550 to ship the entire car back to Chicago. I know it's apples to oranges but just saying...

Yeah way too heave for GH. the prices are all over the place, and distance matters of course, but if there is any real distance it starts at $250+

Cars are different... I shipped my car for less that I shipped a few motors so I'm not sure how they figure it all out.

DM

that's awesome lmao

lol, I'm getting sick of all the time I was spending on looking up quotes... 4 FUCKING HOURS... and I PoPPED, lol...

DM

how much are you asking 4 it?

How in the hell have you missed my motor thread in the classifieds, lol :P

I want $450 for the shorty.

Dm