Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

supercharge ls1 z28 camaro

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 12:33 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default supercharge ls1 z28 camaro

I've just come across a m112 eaton supercharger off of an 03 cobra mustang. Is there any way I can modify it to fit on my ls1? I know I need to change the position of the drive and intake, get a new manifold...are there any kits to make this happen?
Old 02-20-2011, 07:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Probably not goin to be worth the money, imo. No idea if it'll even work to begin with, and if you have to start modding your engine just to accomodate it, whats the point?
Old 02-23-2011, 02:48 PM
Teching In

No matter what im spending money, but I already have the cobra supercharger, no sense in dropping 3-5 grand on a new one when I can spend less finding a way to make this one work on an ls1 block
Old 02-23-2011, 03:17 PM
Staging Lane

thats a tough one...might be better to just try and and trade or sell to someone...might want to post this in the supercharger section and let those guys have a crack at it
Old 02-23-2011, 03:54 PM
Teching In

Put the sc on a mustang forum, and get yourself a nice set of heads, cam and long tubes.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:17 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I considered this myself. I have a good friend who is a terminator fanatic and is alwasy pushing the greatness of these blowers on me. and I have been considering it as well. I am a welder and fabricator and my dad is a machinist and we build alot of custom stuff and adaptions on the side. so I'm sure we could make something work. where are you located? if you're somewhat local, we could tackle the project for you for a reasonable price. or atleast look at it and tell you exactly what you're up against. and if it works good I will just duplicate it for my car
Old 02-23-2011, 07:37 PM
12 Second Club

Before you spend too much time on it, make sure it will fit under the cowl. I'm not sure how tall the supercharger is but the cowl area is pretty tight.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:55 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by zracer323
Before you spend too much time on it, make sure it will fit under the cowl. I'm not sure how tall the supercharger is but the cowl area is pretty tight.
this was my concern. I know I can make a manifold to fit the s/c to the motor. my only concern was cowl clearance especially since the m112's air inlet is on the rear, so you must run an inlet pipe back there. you may save some height by not intercooling it, but it will limit your boost capabilities on a stock motor. I wish the m90 was big enough to feed one of these motors. I have one in my shop and another readily available. they are small and versatile. but you would have to overdrive the dog **** out of it to build any boost on an ls and by then you would be out of the effeciency range of the sc and all it would do is feed your motor a bunch of hot air.

Quick Reply: supercharge ls1 z28 camaro