Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

KDW 2 or GF SS A/S?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 03:02 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default KDW 2 or GF SS A/S?

I am going to be purchasing my new tires for the t/a here within a week or so. I want to know what you guys think would be a better tire based upon your experience with either. My car is a good weather driver (no snow, I'm in salty NE) and does see rain. The A/S are good overall tires from what I have read and heard so far whether wet or dry. The summer g force also looks like it could be a good fit for me and my bird. The third choice I have looked at was the KDW. A little more $ but seems nice. A couple more responses about YOUR experience is what I am looking for to make my final decision. Obviously the A/S is a better tire for different weather but which tire is better overall? I am not really concerned about price. Finally, any other potential tires you have had good experiences with? Its crunch time! Bird wants to be back on the road!

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....omCompare1=yes

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....omCompare1=yes

Thanks!

Last edited by beyonddisturbed; 02-23-2011 at 11:05 PM. Reason: corrected links/clarity
Old 02-20-2011, 05:37 PM
Launching!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

what size are you running? ur showing 225s in the links...shouldnt they be 245/50 16 or 275/40 17? and these are two very different tires. the kdw2 is a summer tire and the other is an all season. although i dont have experience with either, i have strongly considered the kdw2's but instead bought firestone wideovals. finally, off topic, where in NE are u?
Old 02-23-2011, 11:03 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gallardo259
what size are you running? ur showing 225s in the links...shouldnt they be 245/50 16 or 275/40 17? and these are two very different tires. the kdw2 is a summer tire and the other is an all season. although i dont have experience with either, i have strongly considered the kdw2's but instead bought firestone wideovals. finally, off topic, where in NE are u?
I am on stockers for now. Didn't have enough cash to get a complete setup. Maybe next year. I fixed all that I meant to link the 245s but tirerack doesn't have them. I realize they are different types of tires I just want to know which is better overall. The wideovals I don't like because from what I can tell they are not ZR. I am in Omaha. How about you?
Old 03-03-2011, 09:47 PM
Launching!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

im about 2 hours west of Omaha...Henderson. yes i think the wide ovals are w rated which is 186mph. go for the bfg's
Old 03-04-2011, 05:13 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just put the BFG SS AS on my car and am pretty happy with them. That said, my car is a dd that will see freezing weather and occasional snow. If I was not driving in those conditions I would have gone with the KDW2's.