Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

trans prob?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2004, 01:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trans prob?

i just got a 98z and its by far the strongest thing ive ever had well i got a dumb question. the car shifts smooth all the time but i got on it a few times and about half the time at the end of the first shift it feels i guess like the car spins its tires slightly. that first shift is really sharp thatsd why i think they break loose and its just a split second just enough where you feel it slightly the car only has 50000 miles on it and its mint i took it to the dealer and they said it shifted fine so is this normal ive had tpi 305's but nothing like this. they said it was probably just the traction control backing it off if anything but ill throw it out to you guys any ideas? thanks
Old 02-15-2004, 01:44 PM
TECH Addict

nitto 555R extreme drag radials.

Maybe its been modded shift kit or line pressure raised?

Flush the trans fluid if you want her to live. Good time to put a 'verter in too since most of the junk is in there too.
Old 02-15-2004, 05:10 PM
Teching In

im just about positive its untouched. it was a lease vehicle all maintence records kept its like a virgin, completely untouched. the gm mechanic said the shifts are agressive from the factory so maybe im blowing it out of proportion because i had been driving my girlfriends hyundai for 6 months bet you dont see hyundai on here to often
Old 02-15-2004, 05:18 PM
TECH Addict

well put it this way i had good yoko a-509's on the rear 245-50-16 and with the car dead stock, with 2.73's!! and 70K miles i could lay about 50 feet of rubber.

nitto 555R go in. I can barely chirp them. The nitto DR's are cheaper than the a-509's.

You guy muscle now, gotta put some real tires on.

I was scared with the yoko's on back so i ordered the nitto's first thing. best first purchase. Even with lid/catback, still barely could chirp the nittos.

now with the mods below, the nitto's get annihilated under 30mph with wot.

Need wider tires

Street tires suck
Old 02-16-2004, 06:14 AM
Teching In

thanks man i hope thats what it is.