New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil pressure issue please help

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 01:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil pressure issue please help

Hey guys im new to the ls1 thing and i need some advice to save money cause its defintely tight right now. My car starts and runs fine but after it gets good and warm the oil pressure will drop and initially go all the way down until the check guage light comes on when i come to a complete stop. At this point i notice the car starts to run rougher than usual and has a slight ticking noise that comes and goes. With all that being said i had a guy look at it and say he thinks its the oil pressure sensor but i feel that with the way it runs that its the oil pump. i dont wanna pay 150 to have a sensor changed out just to find out its the oil pump all along. Please any help would be appreciated i need to get this taken care of soon cause its driving me bat sh#t. God bless
Old 03-01-2011, 02:00 PM
On The Tree

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Whats the mileage on your car? any mods done lately?

It might be a pinched O-ring or the oil pump might be going bad.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Betting on bearings. Sorry.....
Old 03-02-2011, 02:07 AM
Teching In

does it have oil in it?? hahahaha. does it leak? what weight oil do you use? try and check out the little things before you go buying expensive parts. thats what i always say.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:30 AM
Teching In

The only time i dealt with a bad oil pressure sensor on these cars it was constantly pegged at the top. Its my understanding that stock oil pumps are notorious for going bad on these cars but i personally havent had issues. your best bet is to hook up a mechanical gauge so you know what you've got. not sure where you'd tap into though