General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Front Turn Signals Inop

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 02:51 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Turn Signals Inop

I have a 2000 Trans Am, and the front Turn signals are not working. The rear signals work just fine, the DRLs work just fine. Brakes, and all other lights work. But when you flip the signal switch neither front signal will flash. The only thing in the wiring diagram the two lights have in common after the flasher is the DRL Module. Not sure if that could be the cause of the problem or not. New bulbs, new flasher. I need to reregister my car, or else I wouldn't care about the front signals. Anyone delt with this and know a fix? Any Ideas? I completely disconnected the DRL Module and it is still the same problem

Last edited by Nuvey; 03-04-2011 at 03:39 AM.
Old 03-04-2011, 06:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I had the same thing happen to mine. The light sockets were full of rust, so I replaced them,put new bulbs in, sealed the housings and drilled a 1/8 inch hole in the lower corner to drain out any moisture that wants to get in there.Haven't had a problem since.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:06 PM
Teching In

I was hoping not to replace those. Napa wants $40 a peice for them. I just figured with it being both turn signals, it would be something they had in common.
Old 03-05-2011, 08:12 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by Nuvey
I was hoping not to replace those. Napa wants $40 a peice for them. I just figured with it being both turn signals, it would be something they had in common.
Yea, that's a crazy price considering only one replaceable part in the socket is bad.

This thread has a ton of links which show how to replace the corroded parts and where to order them from. If the wire terminals are still good, you can replace each bad socket insert for $3, a piece. (And - no splicing!)

https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-m...t-gaskets.html

Quick Reply: Front Turn Signals Inop