New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

aftermarket radio (want to return to stock)

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 01:01 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aftermarket radio (want to return to stock)

I have a 2002 ws6 and I want to return the headunit to the stock one. I noticed that in the rear of the car that the amplifier was unplugged. Is this something that I can most likely pull the aftermerket headunit, plug in the factory and plug back in the factory amp in the back and be ready to listen to music?

I didnt know if there was wires that had to be cut when you install the aftermarket headunits

Thanks for the help
Old 03-07-2011, 01:17 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah all you should have to do is pull off the faceplate trim, and unscrew the after market head unit, pull off the after market harness and plug the stock head unit into the stock wire harness. Dont forget the power and the antena, that should be it. Might want to sell it all as a bundle on the classifieds here or something but seeing as you dont have 50 posts or half a year membership or w.e maybe just craigslist
Old 03-07-2011, 01:21 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by The Mighty Texan
Yeah all you should have to do is pull off the faceplate trim, and unscrew the after market head unit, pull off the after market harness and plug the stock head unit into the stock wire harness. Dont forget the power and the antena, that should be it. Might want to sell it all as a bundle on the classifieds here or something but seeing as you dont have 50 posts or half a year membership or w.e maybe just craigslist
Thanks, Im glad it wont be that bad at all

Yea, I am new on here, I just bought the car yesterday. I was seaching every f-body website for something that I like.
Old 03-07-2011, 01:22 AM
TECH Addict

Haha nice! Gotta get your sig set up and everything now! If you dont mind me asking why revert to the stocker?
Old 03-07-2011, 01:29 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by The Mighty Texan
Haha nice! Gotta get your sig set up and everything now! If you dont mind me asking why revert to the stocker?
The car has a Viper alarm, but I dont want the attention of thieves. I do like the stock controls on the steering wheel and all the color matching with the dimmer. It also wouldnt bother me too much to leave the t-tops off the car if I was out somewhere.
Old 03-07-2011, 01:41 AM
TECH Addict

Gotcha, well more money for you if you sell it anyways. I dont listen to mine too much anymore so i may go back one day here too..