Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Help with a stealth box for a 12" sub...any ideas

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 06:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with a stealth box for a 12" sub...any ideas

ok, so I picked up a 12" Rockford Fosgate P1 sub really cheap along with an amp to power it, I'm wondering what guys are doing for boxes with these. I love the placement of the stealth boxes with 10"s but it seems like it's a bit tight for a 12". ANY IDEAS will be appreciated and pics even more so. I don't want to lose my t-top storage either. I have done many searches and only found a couple of pics of single 12"s. thanks for the help guys.
Old 03-14-2011, 05:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

What's the model number?
Old 05-05-2011, 08:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Bump it....getting ready to do the same. Any ideas?
Old 05-06-2011, 02:17 AM
On The Tree

Hey so yea i'm actually building a fiberglass box right now for a 12" RE SEx sub to be in my passenger side wheel well down in the garage. Its taken me since saturday putting in an average of about 4 hours a day. This is my first time working with fiberglass, and think i could do a hell of a lot better job on a second one but thats out of the question. it's totally doable with some can-do attitude, but i would have paid somebody to make it for me if i were to do it over again.

so if you're thinking of going this route, search the forum for a how-to fiberglass box, the one I followed was a couple pages long and for the driver's side but is essentially the same. I am estimating my final box to have about 1.5 ft^3 after driver displacement (my sub only requires 1.0 for optimal sound), and met the most challenges cutting it down after molding it to actually slide down into place; be VERY CAREFUL as you go along to ensure it will get in there. And my materials will end up costing $120-140 at home depot, which was about double what I anticipated. If you can find someone to do it for anything close to $150, i would seriously go that route. It is a headache and fiberglass is an absolute nightmare for the inexperienced (especially me)
Old 05-06-2011, 06:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

^Wow that's alot of money.....I've actually got a single 12" downfiring that was in my truck that I may put on the shelf behind the seat. I'd still love to do a stealthbox, but try it out of wood instead.
Old 05-08-2011, 01:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mine is only a 10 but here is how my stealth box is
Old 05-08-2011, 04:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm gonna have to get the subs and play with where I want them. I still want to be able to use the t-top holders, but I'm stuck with 12s. I'm getting 2 old school Orion XTR 12s and a soundstream amp from a friend for next to nothing (>$50) and would feel bad if I sold them and made money. I'll probably just use one rather than both and save the other as a spare. I'll have to find the specs on mounting depth and airspace they need and may just build a downfiring to go on the shelf OR do a stealthbox. I'd rather have a stealthbox but if it's too much trouble I'll do the downfiring. I'm not looking for anything competition grade, just something to wake it up a little. I wasn't planning on doing anything till my friend approached me about his stuff.