Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

fuel leak!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 12:52 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default fuel leak!

I keep on getting nasty fuel leaks on the top of the injectors where they go into the fuel rails. At first they would leak only when my second fuel pump kicks on(under boost). Now they leak whenever I start the car. I already replace the top o-rings and they still leak. This is only happening on the passenger side. I have 60lbs injectors with aftermarket fuel rails. Do I need bigger o-rings?
Old 03-16-2011, 06:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like they arent fitting into the fuel rails properly. Are you sure there going on correctly? if you needed bigger orings it would have leaked all the time in the first place.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Whose rails? PP??
How are the rails mounted?
NE part of the o'ring visible w/ the rails in place and fastened down?
Old 03-16-2011, 08:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they are nasty performance rails. The passenger side injectors lean a little forward so that the front end of the rail with the 8-an plug is right infront of the bracket that holds the throttle cable. The drivers side injectors lean back, so the passenger side rail leans more forward than the drivers side. I already lubed the o-rings to make shure they go all the way in. The o-rings are not vissible when they are tighten down. They just keep on getting pushed out when I start the car.