Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

easy question about my lt1/ls1 swap

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 01:06 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default easy question about my lt1/ls1 swap

i wrecked my 99z 6spd awhile back and its been sittin in my driveway for ever. i couldnt find anything cool to swap my stuff into so i just bought a 95z auto with no motor/trans last week. i only paid 400 for it and its already got f/r eibachs, sfc's, adj. panhard, and lca's with re-lo brackets. it ran and drove but the tranny was slippin and the kid needed money so my buddy got it for $1000 and pulled the motor for his jeep project.then sold it to me.

anyway my question is; are the shells the same exact ''mold'' from 93 to 02? what i mean is, if i were to completely gut both cars would i find all the same holes and passageways. will all the mounting holes for my 99 clutch pedal assembly work in a 95 auto? and can i pull my complete dash out of the 99 and put it in the 95 and route my harness the same?

i know that guys normally just use the older dash when they do this swap but thats probly cuz they dont usually have a whole ls1 car at there disposal. i actually think of this project more of a SHELL swap rather than a motor swap. cuz i basically want to take ALL of the stuff off/out of my 99 and put it on/in the 95 so when its done you wont even no anything was different....its even the same red hardtop as my 99

thanks guys, any info appreciated
Old 03-17-2011, 04:17 AM
On The Tree

yes i believe everything so bolt up i know you can convert the front end from a lt car to a ls car if you use your wiring harness you should be able to use the cluster and everything else all 4th gen are the same pretty much other then the big diffrance of the lt1 and the ls1 also have to change the k member on the lt1 car and relocate the trans crossmember to

Last edited by 93z28ltone; 03-17-2011 at 04:22 AM.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

go for it, having both cars side by side should be perfect. Are you going to keep the lt1 front end though?
Old 03-21-2011, 04:32 AM
Staging Lane

im pretty sure theyre the same also. i guess i was just hoping for some assurance cuz it would be sweet if i new ahead of time that the 93-97 autos had all the same holes and whatnot as the 98-02 manuals. it sure would be nice if everything just kinda ''bolted in''. ive done this swap on a couple older chevy trucks and, except for drillin a couple holes in the firewall, they were pretty much a bolt in swap. im mainly just wondering about the xmember mounting holes and my clutch pedal assembly . i dont have the car here yet otherwise i could just go look for myself

im going to keep the front end for now cuz its in good shape but eventually im gunna change it over. my hood and drivers side fender are still good on the 99 so i'll just wait til i find a good deal on craigslist for the other fender and the bumper.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:37 AM
Staging Lane

Don't swap the front end man. Think about it, LT1 looking car with an LS1. It'd be one helluva sleeper.

Quick Reply: easy question about my lt1/ls1 swap