Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Maggie install begins, intercooler mounts and fuel pump?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 07:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maggie install begins, intercooler mounts and fuel pump?

Going to start start installing this guy tomorrow however just two questions what did everyone do for mounting the intercooler and what are your guy's thoughts on what fuel pump to go with because I really don't want to go with magnavolt!

Thanks
Old 03-19-2011, 10:05 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Persian-V
Going to start start installing this guy tomorrow however just two questions what did everyone do for mounting the intercooler and what are your guy's thoughts on what fuel pump to go with because I really don't want to go with magnavolt!

Thanks
I bought a replacement HEX from frozenboost.com - had SNL do the install - smartest move by far in looks and function. If you need a spare HEX I have one laying in my attic.

Inline 255 worked for a couple of us now...
No POS Magnavolt to fail and leave you stranded.
Old 03-19-2011, 11:36 AM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You do not need an aftermarket fuel pump, the stocker is just fine. Just have it tuned. The intercooler is inside the intake, so I can only assume that you mean the heat exchanger (HEX). The HEX is straight forward, but the tank bolt mounts have never been welded correctly and everyone has the brackets at a far off angle...it is what it is. You'll know what I mean when you get to that point.

The frozenboost.com HEX is a good unit, but i would start with the supplied one first. One thing above all that I would suggest is this item:

http://www.frozenboost.com/product_i...d2136723abf968

Install this on the passenger side of the engine, on the return line within 6" of the intake and it will be at the highest point in the system...which naturally bleeds all of the air from the system. I am convinced that without this, you will never completely fill or bleed the intercooler system raising IAT's.

Quick Reply: Maggie install begins, intercooler mounts and fuel pump?