Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Double Din GPS VS Dashboard GPS and recommendations wanted.

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 04:02 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Double Din GPS VS Dashboard GPS and recommendations wanted.

I am curious about double din navigation and how it compares to standard Garmin and other types of dash-mounted GPS. Are the maps similar? Are they just as accurate? Do they get updated frequently? Is there a lot of aftermarket support (I.E. additional maps for new areas/countries).

What is the price range for a quality one? I really just want a head unit with quality GPS navigation.

Is under $500 realistic for one?
Old 03-20-2011, 01:07 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pfcrangel
I am curious about double din navigation and how it compares to standard Garmin and other types of dash-mounted GPS. Are the maps similar? Are they just as accurate? Do they get updated frequently? Is there a lot of aftermarket support (I.E. additional maps for new areas/countries).

What is the price range for a quality one? I really just want a head unit with quality GPS navigation.

Is under $500 realistic for one?
for head unit we can do a Jensen VM9424 which is not a bad unit. Has built in NAV no BT

KEnwood has Garmin based NAV
but you goignt o be well over 500.00 for the radio
call me for best deals on KEnwood
Pioneer has the x930bt which I have in stock and it too is over the 500.00 mark.

Stay away from those cheap generic off brands on EBAY
you will have nothing but issues.
If more than 500.00 is out of your price range right now my suggestion is to hold off save a few more bucks and get something nice you will like
call me any time with questions
Dennis