Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

help on rims!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 02:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help on rims!!

What would be a good asking price for my ws6 stock 17in rims with tires with 60-75% tread left. The rims are in great shape. looking to get some new rims and i want chrome. z06? TT2's? any suggestions? whats the fattest I can run out back without doing a TON of work? 11in? what should I run up front? its a DD. POST PICS! THANKS GUYS! deep dish would be nice also.
Attached Thumbnails help on rims!!-getattachment1.jpg   help on rims!!-getattachment15.jpg   help on rims!!-getattachment14.jpg  
Old 03-21-2011, 02:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 243hunter
What would be a good asking price for my ws6 stock 17in rims with tires with 60-75% tread left. The rims are in great shape. looking to get some new rims and i want chrome. z06? TT2's? any suggestions? whats the fattest I can run out back without doing a TON of work? 11in? what should I run up front? its a DD. POST PICS! THANKS GUYS! deep dish would be nice also.
I would say look for $500-$700 for the wheel and tire combo. I cant really tell by the pics tho. If they are in great condition go high, but if they are beat up a bit you may only be able to get $75-100 a wheel.

As for your new wheels you can fit 11's in the back if you want. Check out OE Wheels, they are when of the sponsors on here and they have some really nice replica wheels for a great price!
Old 03-21-2011, 03:04 PM
On The Tree

are the replica wheels going to be cheaper than the oem wheels? are the oem wheels harder to find and thats why everyone gets replicas or is there a weight difference? trying to decide if i should wait it out and by original stock z06 rims for example or if replicas are better. I was thinking 17's up front and 18's out back. so 18x11 out back, or can I get away with 18x10.5 with a wide tire? how about front...17x?? obviously VERY new to this! i read the wheel and tire thread but it was a little confusing for me. THANKS AGAIN!
Old 03-22-2011, 02:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 243hunter
are the replica wheels going to be cheaper than the oem wheels? are the oem wheels harder to find and thats why everyone gets replicas or is there a weight difference? trying to decide if i should wait it out and by original stock z06 rims for example or if replicas are better. I was thinking 17's up front and 18's out back. so 18x11 out back, or can I get away with 18x10.5 with a wide tire? how about front...17x?? obviously VERY new to this! i read the wheel and tire thread but it was a little confusing for me. THANKS AGAIN!
Yes, the replica rims are usually much cheaper then the oem wheels. Just check out the site. There is a weight difference, but not by much. You can call and find out the weights and then compare them. How wide of a tire are you wanting to run? Im gussing a 315 if you are wanting 11inch rears. You can get away with a 10.5 with a 315.
Old 03-22-2011, 03:24 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Believe it or not, those ws6 rims are highly sought after! i think you can definately get around $600+ for them if the rims are MINT! and depending what kind of tires you have on them... i
Old 03-23-2011, 01:28 AM
On The Tree

sounds good and I have BFGoodrich G-force T/A 275/40ZR17 tires all the way around. Does anyone know how wide those are? are they the 9.5? and also the previous owner has put eibach springs on it and I went on their site and it looks like it may be the pro-kit since the springs are black. Does anyone know what size rim would look the best on these cars? I want 18's or stagger 17/18 but what width f/r and does anyone have any problem with the car following the crown of the road?

also, if i come across some rims that have the chevy logo on them(corvette rims), is that considered ok in the T/A world? haha All the ones Ive seen have the blank center and if its kinda looked down on then obviously i wanna stay away from them.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:31 AM
11 Second Club

alot of people have a vinyl bird put over it to cover it up but i dont think its that big of a deal personally