General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

What kinds of maintenance do you do?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 01:08 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What kinds of maintenance do you do?

My car should be back into action next month after a nice sleep for the last 5months. I wanted to know what kinds of up keep things you guys do on your cars. I apologize in advance, I didn't find the answers i was looking for in the other posts. My lt1 ws6 has got about 60k, pretty well stock except for 4:10s on it and I was wondering what some basic things I should do/get done to it here in the Spring before I go ahead and get the full exhaust put on.
My car was running sluggish last October right before I put it away. Hard time starting and I was getting like 10 or 11 mpg. Keeping in mind it was like 40-50F out. I wasn't getting good throttle response either throughout the summer.
I don't really no what the last guy did for maintenance or when on the car so I'm not too sure. I was thinking:
-recharge my k&n filter
-oil change
-new plugs
-new fuel filter
-seafoam the car
Anything else I should be getting done as well? Im not mechanical at all. My buddy has a '95 camaro v6 and he always tells me not to try and do **** on my own because I'll **** something up and I agree. I'm a noob so any help/tips I would really appreciate.
Old 03-26-2011, 01:25 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

was it taking several seconds to cold start and if it sat more than a couple of minutes.. but if you killed it then started right back up? My opti fixed that.
Old 03-26-2011, 01:31 AM
Teching In

I was having problems with it not firing when I would try and start. Apparently it was an issue with the connection to the battery, but I was still having problems.
Old 03-26-2011, 01:37 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you could post a video of what its doing, it would help.. LT1s are notorious for electrical problems. One of the main reasons I went to LS1... do you have an accurate history or any maintenance records? It would give us a clue as to how well it was maintained
Old 06-01-2011, 08:57 PM

I use Magnaflow 16943 GM Duramax