Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

weird clicking sound

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 11:28 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default weird clicking sound

im new to this site but have a question hope someone can help i just got a 2000z28 m6 and after power shifting a few times i noticed a weird clicking sound by the shifter while acceleration and deceleration and the shifter will move i thought it may have been a mount took it took a local garage they checked motor and tranny mounts said it was fine idk maybe they didnt really look but if anyone can help i appreciate it thanks
Old 03-30-2011, 01:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i havent actually been into a M6 but would assume the shifter mounts directly on top of the trans IF thats the case on the end for the shifter that goes in to the tranny there is a bushing that can go bad and give in some play and make it click or pop but like i said i have never actually been into one so dont take my word for it. keep checking with others and see what you can come up with... good luck
Old 03-30-2011, 07:00 PM
TECH Regular

thanks
Old 04-02-2011, 05:33 PM
TECH Regular

hey just took my car to 3 different garages 1 of which being a transmission shop they all said it has that bushin on top and it sounds like it went bad but could be something with that also so im going to fix that and go from there