Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Feel dumb for asking, BUT....

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 10:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Feel dumb for asking, BUT....

HOW THE EF DO YOU CHANGE OUT THE DAY TIME RUNNING LIGHTS!?...on a 2000 TA? The right turn signal in front isn't blinking.

Ive looked in the How To Archives on this site.
I've done searches on this site (apparantly not great at finding key words)
I looked in the Owner's Manual (which tells you how to change EVERY other light on the car)
I've googled the problem
Ive looked under the hood and laid on the ground and looked up under the car looking for a way to access the fixture
I've looked everywhere, just short of taking the car to a mechanic.

I'll admit I'm new to this whole thing and I don't know much about repairing a TA (I FINALLY got one March 4th after 12 years of wanting one). My previous car was an 07 Pontiac G6 and if something minor went wrong with it, I could fix it no problem.

I'm frustrated because it CANT be this difficult and I feel like a dumbass that I can't figure it out. I'm also one of those people who doesn't like to pull or push too hard on something because Im afraid Ill break it. Broke too many things in the past NOT to have learned from that

Can someone tell me how, please?
Old 04-01-2011, 11:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just under the lights is another little whole in the front bumper. Reach your hand up the hole and feel around for the light and wires. When you find them, grab, turn, and pull the socket out of the light housing. Very easy to do.
Old 04-02-2011, 06:54 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It takes skinny little hands to get them easily...changing the damn turning signal/running lights is a pain on our cars. You gotta reach your hand down under the headlight and you will feel 2 connectors, one for the running lights and one for the turn signals i believe. It will take a little bit because of the awkward angle but you will get it. Just make sure to lock in the bulb holder right so that moisture doesn't get in there and burn the bulb out again....i pray every day that mine dont blow out because i hate changing them.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

You guys are making this way harder than it needs to be. Under your front there are two plastic flaps, one on each side under the front bumper. There are two bolts that hold this flap in place, remove them and you can comfortably reach your hand in and access the front turn signals. Picture included;

Sorry for the weird angle, my car is lowered and I didn't fee like going through all the trouble of jacking it up for one picture.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 88gtman
Just under the lights is another little whole in the front bumper. Reach your hand up the hole and feel around for the light and wires. When you find them, grab, turn, and pull the socket out of the light housing. Very easy to do.

this is what i do...takes about 3-5 min per side