Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

98 z28 won't start

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 11:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 z28 won't start

I changed the fuel pump and the starter and it still won't start. The heads lights are very bright so it aint the battery or alternator. When I turn the ignition key over, it won't even crank. If anybody ever had this problem before please it would really help me out thanks
Old 04-07-2011, 08:07 PM
Staging Lane

If its not turning over or clicking or anything at all then i would generally say starter, but since you replaced that possibly its the neutral safety switch?
Old 04-07-2011, 08:38 PM
11 Second Club

are your dash lights working? i had this same problem and earlier that day my dash lights had went out...it turns out the fuse for the dash lights somehow messes with the VATS system....i would check that fuse....my fuse was good but there was some corrossion so it wasn't making good contact....i pulled the fuse out...cleaned it up a bit and put it back in...then i waited like 15 mins and the car started right up.....if it's not the dash light fuse than it's probably something to do with your VATS system....possibly the resistor in your key....or the ignition cylinder....i would look into that....there are a few write ups about on here....i found all this out when i was having the same problem...lol

Quick Reply: 98 z28 won't start