Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Project 6.0 LQ4

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 01:28 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Project 6.0 LQ4

I'm planning on building a 2000 lq4 truck motor to stick in my 78 t/a. It will be a budget turbo build and I plan on either going with a 4l80e or a 700r4 tranny. Would it be better for me to stick with cathedral port heads or upgrade to the l76 heads since you can by a set from www.sdparts.com for around 700. Either way I'll need an intake and I believe to make the heads work on the lq4 is intake rocker arms and l76 girdle. I may get the ported version and spend more. Or I can get a set of warhawk heads with 72cc combustion chamber for 1350$$ a recommendation a a set of heads would be nice.

Im searching for a good set of connecting rods, and dished pistons. I need to keep my compression ratio to around 9 or 9.5? or lower?
I'm debating on 1 or twin turbos, 1 big one or to smaller ones to spool faster. I'm worried about exhaust manifold back pressure on the .67 turbos if i do a twin set up. Advice?

I will run an intercooler, probably water/to air.
Also which oil pan would you recommend for this engine? I feel I'll need a bigger oil pan with turbos to help keep oil temps down or maybe get an oil cooler?
I'll custom fab my own manifolds for the turbo as I have the shop and equipment to do so. And have access to a mill if need be.
I'll need advice as this engine build progresses.
I would like to know what size injectors would be appropriate, I'm thinking 50+ and what would be a good fuel pump to use? inline or in take?
All advice would be greatly appreciated and put to good use
Old 04-08-2011, 03:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you will probably be better served askn these questions in the turbo fourms