Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

idling problem until warmed up

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 06:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default idling problem until warmed up

just like the title says...the car stubles real bad and i wonder if itll stay running at a stop light unless i put it in N and rev the gas just a bit..just barely. BUT it only does it when the car is not warmed up...once its warmed up its good to go and i dont have a problem at all. Anyways...its a 98 T/A ws6 with approx 92k on it. its only started this problem within the last 2 weeks. Any ideas on what it could be? check engine light is not on. it's almost as if its getting to much fuel like its choking itself to much or something. Also when driving behind the car and someone punches it, you can smell the unburnt gas. do i need hotter plugs wires etc?
Old 04-11-2011, 07:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 243hunter
just like the title says...the car stubles real bad and i wonder if itll stay running at a stop light unless i put it in N and rev the gas just a bit..just barely. BUT it only does it when the car is not warmed up...once its warmed up its good to go and i dont have a problem at all. Anyways...its a 98 T/A ws6 with approx 92k on it. its only started this problem within the last 2 weeks. Any ideas on what it could be? check engine light is not on. it's almost as if its getting to much fuel like its choking itself to much or something. Also when driving behind the car and someone punches it, you can smell the unburnt gas. do i need hotter plugs wires etc?
Try positng in the general maintenance / problems. You might have better luck.

Good luck! Hope you get it figured out!!
Old 04-11-2011, 10:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks, ya i wasnt sure where would be the best and im still a newbie haha thanks.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like your IAC (Idle Air Control valve) is either in need of cleaning or replacing. it is basically a choke. Its either carboned up so the pintle needle inside doesnt move properly or its dead. Wont set off a code (light) for it.