General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

trans mount/rear and vibrating sound

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 09:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trans mount/rear and vibrating sound

1) so i had a bad bearings eating the axle up, both were bad because the shop that rebuilt my rear the first time put the wrong ones said my buddies shop i brought it to recently. they only replaced one side and the sound went away for about a month and a half. Now it sounds like its coming back "slightly" though it might just be the other side that wasnt replaced yet. ** so if it is the other side should i fork up another 450 to get that side fixed after i've paid the new shop $1000 to fix what the first shop did wrong so far. OR should i just save up the $2200 for a new moser 12 bolt instead and just deal with the sound till i get it.

2) also when im cruising and let off the gas then give it some gas again sometimes i hear a slight clunk , i also hear this sometimes when putting it in reverse or drive ( A4) from park. could this be something to do with the drive shaft. in the pic below you will notice how close it is to my magnaflow I pipe.

3) when i am partially accelerating i hear vibrating/ZINGing sound coming from the back of the car the other day my buddy was behind me and called me and said my left driver tip (magnaflow) was all the way touching my bumper and sure enough i got home and it was. and it was VERY easy to pull back down so could this be causing the vibrating sound?

Driveshaft and i pipe:

and also my trans mount looks to be torn in the pic below if so what is the best option prothane trans mount? and idk what rubber piece that is to the right of but it seems to be making an anoying sound in the video below not sure though.

Trans mount:

rubber idk lol but sounds like something is loose on it but i couldnt tell or feel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6c6JU--O6k
Old 04-13-2011, 11:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

bump can anyone at least tell me if it looks like i need a new trans mount?
Old 04-14-2011, 09:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yours isn't that bad, mine was almost separated completely. Couldn't hurt to replace it anyways, I went with the energy suspension trans mount, do a search on trans mount install and it should have the part number, can't remember it off the top of my head