General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Brake Light Issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 10:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Brake Light Issue

Today I noticed when I turned my ignition on my passenger's tail light was lit up, but my driver's wasn't. When I push the brake pedal both lights light up as normal, but when I release it the passenger's tail light stays lit up. Does this indicate a fuse is blown or something like that? This car is a project drag only car, so a lot of the wiring inside has been unplugged, does anyone know why one brake light would come on when the ignition is turned?

I also noticed when I press the brake with the ignition off only the driver's side brake light comes on.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:15 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

The bulbs have two filaments in them. If they don't come on with your headlights, then you probably just have blown bulbs.
Old 04-15-2011, 03:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The bulbs aren't the issue, I haven't changed them in forever. Just one day about a week ago this started happening. The passenger's lights turn on with the ignition. This car is a drag only car and the wiring has been messed with a little bit, but only the power window and locks were disconnected from the BCM and removed.