Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New but not

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 08:18 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New but not

Here we go.

I'm from Tampa, and was on here many years ago under another name.
It'd been so long ago, I couldn't recall the screen name, and any email address I might have used, as well as the computers and ISP's in place at the time, are long since gone.

I really enjoyed the site, but changes caused me to eventually stop posting.
I sold my 2000 Z28 convertible, got into the Corvette and 4x4 scene pretty heavy, got busy with life, family, business, and moderating a small regional corvette site.
Eventually, there just wasn't enough time for everything, and after a while, I just wandered away.

Fast forward to now.:

Sold the corvette.
Got involved in the maritime SAR environment again, and started making some business and lifestyle changes that are better suited to me!
I want to relax a bit more and have some fun again.

I have a weird sense of humor at times and will debate with anyone just for the hell of it, but I refuse to "argue" and despise cranky, obnoxious people.
I've dealt with them most of my career, and I'm done with it!

No longer a mod and am now one of 2 admins on a small regional (Florida) muscle car site (we have links there to your site) and visit several other pro-touring, 4x4 and boating sites.

I'd almost forgotten about this place until one of the guys on our site, asked about a picture of a 3rd Gen/LS1 that I had posted there (Ramair's red 3rd gen IIRC?)
I went back to the Pro-Touring site where I found it and asked for more info.
One of the guys there, linked me to LS1TECH, and like a bad penny, here I am again

I linked your site on ours so the others could check it out, then came back and started looking around.
I again liked what I saw and decided, WTH, why not?

I've decided to do another project car, just not sure which way I want to go?
I intend to look, read and learn as much as I can here and elsewhere, to help with the decision.
Any input received here will be sincerely welcomed.

My current thoughts are:

1) Early 70's (70-73) Camaro (Pro-Touring style)
2) 3rd Gen Camaro (similar to the red one mentioned above)
3) Factory 5-33 Ford:

Since I have a 5 year old live in granddaughter that loves to travel and hang with "papa", the 2 seater may be out of the question as is any thought of a Corvette for now.
Besides, I'm a bit burned out with the whole Corvette thing, and really want to go back "old school" with modern reliability and comfort.
Whatever I end up with, will see serious street time over the next few years as the wife and I and the granddaughter when she can, will be touring as much as possible.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to hanging out her now and then, and sorry for the long winded intro.
I'll try to keep things short and sweet from here out

Stay safe!

OD

Last edited by Off Duty; 04-17-2011 at 03:29 PM.