Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tbss stall better than f-bod stall??

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 05:46 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default tbss stall better than f-bod stall??

Whats the tbss stall flash at? Is it any higher or better than the stock stall in a f-body. My father just installed a small cam in his 02 ws6- Today he had it in the shop that tuned it fixing the real seal, while they had it apart they convinced him to upgrade to the "tbss stall" because they had one in the shop. They said it stalled a few hundred rpm higher than the f-bods and would help him get outta the hole and with the cam. The cam is small and it drives fine with no stall. I told him not to do it- I didnt think the tbss stall wouldnt even be noticable enought to spend extra money on- Any info on this- hate to tell him he made a mistake listening to the shop, but thats what i think.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:52 PM
Banned

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

the tbss converter does seem to be slightly looser than the f-body, but still not enough in my opinion to make the came more driveable. If he can still do it have the factory converter re worked or buy a custom before they put it back together.
Old 04-21-2011, 06:00 PM
FormerVendor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

The TBSS stall is the same as the F-Body. A 300mm 12" 1600-1800 stall. The TB stall you want is out of the 4.2 I6. That is a 278mm and will be about a 2500 stall. We actually go even further with the 278mm and recalibrate it to s 3000-3200. These are great for a DD F-Body. If you go to the track, a custom built 245mm is the best option. Hope that helps some....

Chris
Old 04-21-2011, 07:40 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's exactly what u thought. To late tho, he already had them put it in. I advised him against it but he listed to the shop instead. I guess Il have to break him the bad news

Quick Reply: tbss stall better than f-bod stall??