Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Way of telling if there is an aftermarket fuel pump?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 11:40 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Way of telling if there is an aftermarket fuel pump?

I bought a ws6 recently. And im in the process of piecing together a procharger setup, And i know an upgraded fuel pump is needed. How ever i noticed there was a hot wire kit ran to the fuel pump, looks allot like the one that came with my racetronix kit a few years back on my old TA, Now is there a way to confirm its actually an upgraded pump? and someone didn't just run a hotwire kit to the pump? Without dropping the tank?
Old 04-24-2011, 04:08 AM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not an expert on this, but I could think that measuring the flow of the pump would be a way to figure it out. Measure the voltage at the pump, disconnect the fuel line, measure the flow over a preset amount of time. Convert that to liters per hour.
Old 04-24-2011, 05:51 AM
Banned

Not to sound dumb. but how and what do i use to measure flow? and what would measuring the voltage at the pump tell me?
Old 04-24-2011, 09:12 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Chances are someone would not add a hot wire kit without replacing the pump.

Typically you will see approx 62# pressure at idle with an aftermarket 255, instead of 58#. I would start here. If you have higher idle pressure there is a good chance the pump was changed.

You you could check flow, but you would have to rig up a pressure regulator & fabricate some plumbing to do so. Free flow numbers are not sufficient.
Old 04-24-2011, 01:36 PM
Banned

thanks for the feed back. That was my thoughts exactly. i wouldn't think someone would just add a hot wire kit, I will be ordering a fuel pressure gauge soon anyhow, For when i put in my pro charger. So i can keep an eye on it. And ill check pressure then, Thanks agian