Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Just so everyone knows...

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 10:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just so everyone knows...

my trunk actuator took a **** today, so i couldnt get my kids diaper bags out of it. i got to reading online about any backup way to open the trunk and for some reason everyone thought there was a release behind the passenger side panel under the arm rest. this is untrue, that is actually the fuel door actuator and now i need a new clip on the end of mine... thanks internet. however after completely removing my entire rear interior of the car i did find that if you slide the passenger side rear seat headrest up, theres a yellow trunk pop handle. please dont try to find this the hard way in 100 degree heat in a black gto. it sucks. anyway just thought id pass that info along because i couldnt find **** about it online.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:39 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

....glad you found it.
Its in the manual in the glovebox though.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:44 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by gconnoyer
....glad you found it.
Its in the manual in the glovebox though.
congrats on buying your car new and getting a manual with it in the glove box, i however opted to buy my car used without said manual. so i had to find out the hard way.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:00 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by -gz-
congrats on buying your car new and getting a manual with it in the glove box, i however opted to buy my car used without said manual. so i had to find out the hard way.
Damn bro sounds like you def found out the hard way. Why didn't you just come to us and post up? We got your back.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:14 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by -gz-
I found out where it was by reading on here, and I wasn't even looking for the info. As for the manual, mine didn't come with one either, so i bought one. Its in the mail.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:18 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by impulsegoat
Damn bro sounds like you def found out the hard way. Why didn't you just come to us and post up? We got your back.
i was 30 miles from home, taking my kids back to their mother. i meet her in a remote area on the side of the road at an abandoned gas station. their clothes and diaper bags and everything were in the trunk. i had no choice but to find out the hard way.

Quick Reply: Just so everyone knows...