Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

questions???

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 07:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default questions???

i have a 98 pontiac formula with 1 7/8 long tube headers, ls6 intake, 80mm thottle body, 3 inch x pipe, under drive pulley, and a cold air..i recently purchased a lq4 to build and put in the car but decided i didnt want to run a iron block...im thinking that im just going to build up the ls1 for now but was wondering if the stock 317 heads off that lq4 would give me a power increase?? Ive been told it would and wouldnt but just wanted to get some opinions. i plan on running a gm hotcam kit that comes with the hotcam and ls6 valvesprings. i would like some suggestions on whether or not that cam would be good with those heads and if not what heads or cams would give me some good power off a stock bottom end.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you would need to mill the heads to raise the compression.you should consider a better came to maximize the flow potential of those heads.maybe a tr224 cam or a TSP 224r cam pkg.you should get after market push rods.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was looking at the tsp 228r cam and the 233/239 cam. Think one of these would be better? And I figured the heads would need milled, but how much should I take off?