Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

heads up display!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 11:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default heads up display!!!

i was wondering if anyone had attempted to install a heads up display to their 98-02 camaro or trans am and if u were successfull, how did you go about doing that??? cuz i want to install one on my 2000 z28 but also want to make it look as factory and clean as possible and not buy that imitation crap off ebay??? thanks
Old 05-04-2011, 09:47 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the heads- up in my TA. Super easy install. Location is where the head scratching comes in! I to didn't want it to look out of place. I tried in the middle down low but didn't like the way the cord looked. I tried down low in the left corner. I even cut a bird out of a dark peace of window tint and put it on the window down in the left corner so the display would show up on it, but still looked a little out of place with the dark spot on the window. I ended up putting the cord down inside the A-pillar almost to the windshield with about 4" inches exposed and just left the display sit down low in the left corner. It is kinda hard to see the display numbers in full sun light but on cloudy days or at night it is great. So all in all it looks pretty good in this location. It reads different then my tach. When going 65MPH on GPS the tach says 63 and my heads up says 67. I guess that's pretty close. I wish someone would come up with a cool mount on the A-pillar. That would be perfect. Good luck and post up if you come up with something cool.
Old 05-07-2011, 01:19 PM
Launching!

Ta-Stranger...I like the geometric figure...

Can you give some details on the heads-up? cost and how hard to install, you already said it was pretty functional if I read you right.
Old 05-07-2011, 01:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...p-display.html
Old 05-08-2011, 11:58 AM
TECH Regular

Just call Mark at 6 liter. It is as simple as plugin it in!

Quick Reply: heads up display!!!