Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yellow Springs...Did I get screwed?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 12:40 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Yellow Springs...Did I get screwed?

I just pulled my LQ4 out of my car to fix two hurt pistons. While taking off the oil pan I noticed what looked like yellow paint on the screen of my pick up tube. After further disassembly it appears to be the paint coming off of my valve springs. Soooo did I buy a set of stock springs that somebody just painted yellow or what? This can't be normal right?
Old 05-04-2011, 12:44 AM
On The Tree

Oops looks like I put this in the wrong section. Feel free to move it.
Old 05-04-2011, 02:17 AM
TECH Addict

Def. not normal. Are they a different color under the paint peel? Did you buy them used? People do really stupid things sometimes, if you bought them used, there is a chance that when he took them out the yellow was worn and didn't look "new" so he just spray painted them. Or its possible that someone spray painted stockers, its really hard to tell from what you posted.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:23 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Starz T/A 17
Def. not normal. Are they a different color under the paint peel? Did you buy them used? People do really stupid things sometimes, if you bought them used, there is a chance that when he took them out the yellow was worn and didn't look "new" so he just spray painted them. Or its possible that someone spray painted stockers, its really hard to tell from what you posted.
Yes I picked them up used form somebody on this board. I guess I got screwed huh? Will the stock LQ4 springs be enough for a ZO6 cam? I don't plan on turning the motor past 6500 rpm. I don't want paint and crap to mess up my engine.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

What color is underneath the yellow? Pics.