Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Adding Power Window Options

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2004, 09:24 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Adding Power Window Options

Who out there has added power windows to there car that came with manual windows? If so, what did it cost you? I know the motors run about $100 a piece, but Im not real sure what the switches and such cost. Do any and all fbodies come with the necessary wiring in place to add the power option? Just curious! -Tim
Old 02-22-2004, 09:47 PM
TECH Veteran

A fellow installer of mine installed them in a few different cars. He used the Autoloc ones. They would always break after a few months. People would call up bitching because their window was stuck down cause the motor burned out. He swore he would never install them again.
Old 02-22-2004, 10:06 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by maddboost
A fellow installer of mine installed them in a few different cars. He used the Autoloc ones. They would always break after a few months. People would call up bitching because their window was stuck down cause the motor burned out. He swore he would never install them again.
Did you add the power windows later on? Did you car come with manual windows? If so what did all the switches and such cost...were the wires and stuff already in place?
Old 02-22-2004, 10:36 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by PewterZ
Did you add the power windows later on? Did you car come with manual windows? If so what did all the switches and such cost...were the wires and stuff already in place?
Car started out a manual windows. He did a few Hondas as they were the most common. I dont know price. Try Autoloc
Old 02-23-2004, 01:37 PM
TECH Resident

Here is what I'm getting very soon

http://www.a1electric.com/Merchant2/...duct_Code=KIT4