Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

any advice for trans. cooler install w/high cap. radiator?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2004, 11:06 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question any advice for trans. cooler install w/high cap. radiator?

I'm getting ready to install a B&M 24K supercooler and a TCI deep pan. Anyone have any recommendations for mounting the cooler, considering I already have SLP's high cap. radiator? Wasn't sure if that might cause space problems.

Here is a complete list of my perf. mods:

SLP SFCs, SLP STB, SLP reinforced Panhard Bar, SLP 85 mm MAF

installed at SLP's Toms River NJ site: 485 hp LS1 Cylinder Head & Cam (234/228) Package w/inst. kit including chrome molly pushrods 7.350" set of 16, double row nitrated timing chain, blueprinted oil pump LS1/LS6, off-road LT headers w/inst. kit, set of 2 high flow cats, LM exhaust mated to CME, K&N Air Filter, CAI, smooth bellows, moser 12-bolt 3.73 rear TCS & ABS 47 tooth w/inst. kit, torque converter 3300-3500, driveshaft loop, high capacity radiator, 160 deg. thermo. w/housing, painted reinforced LCA's, heavy duty adj. torque arm, dyno-based PCM4 tuning.

TIA.

edit: I drive an '02 Camaro SS.

Last edited by gauSSian; 02-23-2004 at 11:18 AM. Reason: to add what model vehicle I am reffering to
Old 02-23-2004, 12:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What kind of times are you running with your setup? The tranny cooler install is very easy, just take your time mounting it.
Old 02-23-2004, 12:29 PM
Teching In

Cool

Originally Posted by redls1z28
What kind of times are you running with your setup? The tranny cooler install is very easy, just take your time mounting it.
I haven't run her yet at the track. So far just a sunny day cruiser that sounds awesome with plenty of power.

Not having a tranny cooler has kept me from the track. With spring coming up and the local fbody club getting ready to go to Gainesville Raceway, I want to be ready.

I'm just wondering where the best place to mount it would be given my mods.