Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

What would it take to have LED tails manufactured for the 93-2002?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 01:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default What would it take to have LED tails manufactured for the 93-2002?

I have been searching for LED tail lights for my 95 formula for the last few years. Looks like all other generations (1st, 2nd, 3rd) are covered, but nothing exists for the 4th gen, with the exception of the 3rd brake light, which I already have, and love. Using those LED replacement bulbs that go in the existing sockets barely put off any light, so those are just dangerous. I even tried contacting 6 Liter Eater, as he usually has some crazy, one-off, hard to find things that you never would have thought of for the 4th gen. He had no leads on where to score a set. I'm no electronics major, so making a set from scratch would not be something I'd want to do.

Do we get an interest thread going, and then see if one of the vendors can help us out? I think $250-350 would be a fairly reasonable amount to pay for LED tail lights.
Old 05-09-2011, 02:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this could be interesting
Old 05-09-2011, 02:32 PM
On The Tree

I'd love to have em too! Hell, I'd love to have the LED 3rd! It's Impossible to find now!!
Old 05-09-2011, 02:49 PM
Staging Lane

It's always shocked me nothing is available, as the LS1 firebird/TAs tend to do more appearance mods than the LT1 guys/gals. I have no intentions of selling my 95, and I want to keep it "updated" as much as possible. I have the blackbird lighting HID kit, about to do the C5 front brake upgrade, and am looking to add some sound deadener, all to make it more "modern". LED tails would fit in just fine with what I'm looking to do. So, I hope the vendors can step up to the plate for us.
Old 05-22-2011, 12:53 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Superbrightleds have replacement bulbs for every socket. The LEDs are bright and far from dangerous. They will give you the updated look you are going for with the biggest difference being the crisp illumination and extinguish. Follow the instructions for selecting your bulbs and you won't be disappointed.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have been trying to get this done for my 87 TA GTA....I have a custom back end and want to change to these as shown in the pics but no one can help me either...I cant even get dimensions from the sellers of these lights. If I could I would just create my own box to fit these into and attach them to my car..

Last edited by mrrman; 05-22-2011 at 11:01 AM.