Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Little bouncing when accelerating at low speeds

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 03:13 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Little bouncing when accelerating at low speeds

When I'm sitting in taffic going slow in to first second or third the car gets a little bouncy when accelerating really slowly, like for instance the keys will swing back and forth and hit the dash. It's really not that bad but that's the sensation... the car seems to be shifting a little funny, or i've noticed a change... but everything still works perfectly and no trouble shifting in to or out of any gears, but feels different.

It's kind of hard to explain, it like after I let the clutch out and am idling in first, like a fat man is in the back seat humping my chair back and forth... does that make sense? It came out of nowhere and doesn't seem to be getting any worse, but it's a change I noticed and was wondering if some part is starting to wear.

My knowledge is okay with cars because of this site, but I have no idea, maybe motor mounts???? That is a straight up guess though.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 05-27-2011, 11:56 AM
Launching!

Still no SES lite but the car is still doing it... i'm going to give it a bump to see if anybody has any ideas...

thanks
Old 05-27-2011, 10:24 PM
TECH Resident

It could be the clutch not wanting to disengage how many miles on the clutch and flywheel?

Quick Reply: Little bouncing when accelerating at low speeds