General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Rattley hatch

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 12:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rattley hatch

hey i was wondering if anyone else has this problem. it seems like every little thing in the riad i hit my hatch rattles a.d squeeks. is somthing getting loose. is the latch bad? if anyone has any suggestions please let me know. thanks
Old 05-14-2011, 08:13 AM
On The Tree

Mine does too. Anyone have any good suggestions before I afro engineer something up?
Old 05-16-2011, 01:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

nah everything can be adjusted. try first just unscrewing the large rubber plugs on the corners of the hatch, or adjust as necessary. ill close it repeatedly and push my weight on it or pound with the side of your fist to hear for rattles. if this doesnt satisfy then screw them in completely; pull back the carpeting in the trunk to reveal the hatch release. it is connected with three bolts, all same size gray in color, loosen these slightly, close your hatch and push it down as far as it will go will all yr weight. crawl back inside the car/trunk and check the latch and make sure its lined up straight vertically so it will open, now tighten those three bolts; securing the release in a tighter position. now back out the corner rubber spacers to match body lines, and to give tension when the release is holding the hatch; eliminating rattle. you may have to go back and adjust the release by moving it up after adjusting the rubber plugs; but worked for me, no more rattles over RxR tracks.

could also be the paneling inside the hatch (side panels and the plastic connections are loose from factory) i quieted that with some foam between the plastic screws and the metal tabs that mount to body.