Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls1 engine loom

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 05:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls1 engine loom

hi all
ok so i'm planning om fitting a vauxhall calibra with a ls1 ( turning the cally RWD in the process )
The donor vehicle was a 2003 Monaro, i got the engine and loom complete, gearbox will be jag i believe...not quite decided on this yet, the Monaro diff fits the cally 4WD axle cradle so that wont be a prob either. . . im just scratching my head over the loom at the mo. so i have a few questions, any help will be much appreciated

1, i'm planning on removing the 'fly by wire' throttle set up, is the ecu going to have a problem with this?

2, what wires/systems on the loom can be made redundant?

3, i'm using the dash pod from the Monaro aswell, does anyone have a wiring diagram for the fusebox plug? so i can rewire my calibra fusebox plug to suit?

4,does anyone have an engine loom wiring diagram? i have one that came with the engine ...but none of the wire colours seem to correspond an i may have an earlier diagram.

5, finally can the 2003 ls1 ecu be re-mapped / re-programmed?

thanks in advance for any help/comments
i look forward to hearing from you
cheers
Old 05-12-2011, 08:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

sorry i cant help more, but id love to see some pics of this in progress

if youre switching to a cable TB a tune will be in order, but if you dont know of any shops locally dealing with them (im sure you do) you could get a mail order tune.

@ the wiring stuff, im sure between searching here/ls1gto/holden forums you can find the wiring stuff (id imagine its the same as gtos, but i cant say for sure so i wont try and steer you wrong)

welcome to the forum btw
Old 05-16-2011, 01:29 AM

cheers i'm stripping the loom down on tues, to determine where everything goes , so we'll see how i do then lol, ill get some pics up of the project soon
Old 05-16-2011, 02:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Not sure I can all answer .... but

1, you should be able to have it re-Flash or program as needed.

2, what wires/systems on the loom can be made redundant? ....Redundant ?.. as in what you can remove or as a Redundant system/wires ?

3, Sorry, Nope ! anyne else ?

4,Same as #3

5, yes.. most tuning software should handle it. or a Tuner.

As far as #2 for Redundant wire that can be removed. As you lay it out.. if your removing Smog, EGR, AIR, EVAP. etc and other item, you can just follow the wires and remove or cut them as needed. Make sure you know / follow them completely... (ie pink Ing Hot and grounds are something joinned). just know what your removing and cutting.

If Redundant as failover wire... there should be none.
Old 05-17-2011, 04:46 AM

thanks good news on the ecu, thanks for your help, yh i meant removable stuff, got the loom all de wrapped and layed out , going to start cutting now

Quick Reply: ls1 engine loom